The group is located in Kabuchai constituency,Bungoma Central sub-county in Bungoma county. The group come together and decided to engage in table banking as a way of supporting each other.The group has a total number of 28 members. The group took their first loan of Ksh. 200,000 which they used to plant thorn lemon , pampkin and sweet potatoes. Members are self employed as they earn a living from their business.
In addition, the group ventures in value addition of products like sweet potato which includes; cooking chapati ,cakes ,biscuits and cakes using sweet potatoes.
- Created employment to all the members of the Sengeteti focal area women group. The group divided themselves into 4 sub-groups each consisting of 7 members; first 7 members cook chapatis,7 make sales and deliveries,7 bake cakes and biscuits and last 7 members make sales and deliveries.
- Enhancing food security through farming of thorn lemon , pampkin and sweet potatoes.
- Uwezo Fund loan has boosted table banking from Ksh.5, 600 to Ksh.14, 000 per month.
- Increase of Sales through marketing of thorn lemon , pampkin and sweet potatoes.
- The group has market at the moment hence that is why they aim in engaging large scale farming of thorn lemon , pampkin and sweet potatoes from 1 acre to 5 acres of land.
- This will in turn enable the group to sell their products to chwele market.
- Standardization of their product flour (made of pampkin and sweet potatoes) by Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBs ).